I have wanted to try making a smoothie bowl for a long, long time. Last night I felt a cold coming on and grabbed a bunch of ingredients for a recipe idea I had to make one of those beautifully colourful bowls of goodness I always see on Instagram. I had no idea if the flavours would work altogether but I gathered it wouldn’t taste all that bad. I felt better this morning but still a little groggy and I genuinely felt lifted from what must be named The “I Have a Cold” Smoothie Bowl (although I am going to be having this all the time since it’s super sweet and I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth). Super sweet and the prettiest pink, I now completely understand this smoothie bowl phenomena! They are officially my favourite breakfast!
Ingredients | For one cold-filled human/sweet-toothed human
For the main bowl
- 1 banana
- A big handful of frozen raspberries
- 1 passion fruit
- 2 dollops of Greek yoghurt
- 150ml coconut water
- A few splashes of apple juice
- A little bit of water
For the topping
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwi fruit
- Lots of chia seeds
- Piece the banana into four or five small chunks; chuck it in your blender.
- Drop the big handful of frozen raspberries into your blender.
- Cut your passion fruit in half and scoop both halves into the mix- passion fruit is an awesome fruit to help prevent/soften common diseases like colds!
- Dollop the Greek yoghurt in- makes smoothies super duper creamy!
- Then for the liquids: pour in the coconut water; add a few small splashes of apple juice for extra sweetness; pour in some water to fill what is left to fill up.
- Pour into a bowl- SMOOTHIE IN A BOWL?!
- Layer or decorate in anyway you wish with sliced banana and kiwi and sprinkle lots of chia seeds on top too!
I didn’t do the greatest job with decorating but am determined to make lots of these and improve on my two year old artistic skills. I think I’m going to try making this with kiwi in the smoothie too next time just to sweeten it up that bit more. This morning this breakfast cheered me right up after feeling a bit glum- I am the worst person when it comes to colds. The sweetness of the smoothie mixed with the chunky bits of fruit and the awesome crunch of all of the chia seeds was just perfect!
~ Kat ~