I like to pretend I’m far better at cooking than I actually am. Most of the time I’m all about simplicity and easily creating a super healthy dish. When I have friends round or want to create a fancy starter this is what I go to immediately. One friend called my stuffed peppers very different and creative and I smugly grinned to myself- these healthily indulgent stuffed peppers involve four ingredients and no skill at all. Mwahaha.
Ingredients | For two not-yet-stuffed pals
- 4 peppers
- 250g mozzarella
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 75g quinoa
- 1 lemon
*Stupidly simple* method
- Boil the kettle with an equal amount of water in ratio to the quinoa
- When the water is boiled, throw the quinoa and water into a small pan and boil for 20 minutes- stirring often
- Cut the tops of the peppers off (keeping the little hats) and deseed them
- After 10 minutes of the quinoa boiling, microwave the peppers (with the hats) for 6 minutes
- While the peppers are being microwaved, slice the mozzarella into circles, preheat the oven to gas mark 6 and foil a tray
- Once the peppers are finished in the microwave, place an equal amount of mozzarella into the bottom of the peppers and place on the tray, the hats sat beside and not on top of them. Cook in the oven for 4 minutes (or until the mozzarella is nice and melt-y)
- Squeeze the lemon into the quinoa and stir
- If there is some cheesy juice in the peppers, drain them
- Turn off the hob and oven
- Pop some spinach into each pepper and fill the rest up with quinoa and pop their little hats on top!
- Plate up, all the while being careful of your fingers (use utensils!)- they get very hot!
These peppers are ace as a snack after the gym or a lunch- even more amazing as a main meal. At the moment it’s my absolute favourite. I make my jacket potato wedges and cook up some tomatoes and red onion too. It feels like a really indulgent meal when it’s only a smidge cheeky!
~ Kat ~