When I first got my smoothie machine I really wanted my boyfriend, Aaron to enjoy making them with me. However, a lot of smoothies I make involve bananas- meet Aaron who despises bananas more than anyone I have ever met. Despite a lot of people I know finding that they can’t taste the banana in a smoothie or they’re happy to ignore it, Aaron couldn’t agree less. So I took the challenge upon myself to make up a smoothie that Aaron would adore. Even though it’s a slightly less appealing colour than normal, Aaron looked super happy upon taking the first few sips.
Ingredients | For one banana-hater
- 1 avocado
- 8 strawberries
- 1/2 lemon
- 14 frozen raspberries
- 1/2 handful of spinach
- 110ml orange juice
- 80ml coconut water
- 130ml water
- A few sprinkles of chia seeds
ONE: Fruit and veg
- Cut the avocado in half (twisting to break apart is probably necessary) and cut the creamy green deliciousness into smaller chunks. Chuck into blender
- Cut the greenery off of the strawberries and chop them in half. Chuck this all in your blender
- Squeeze half of a lemon into the blender
- Throw in about 14 frozen raspberries for the yummy smoothie coldness
- Stuff a handful of spinach in for Popeye-goodness
- Pour in all of the liquids
- If you aren’t a fan of coconut but would like to include it into your diet because coconut water is so so good for you, the orange juice hides the flavour which Aaron was happy about! Adjust the levels of liquids to how you like it!
- Add chia seeds to the top for extra protein and a mixture of crunchy-ness and jelly-ness where the seeds meet the water!
- I often make a lot of smoothie which I like and Aaron was more than happy to devour it all yesterday, filling up when needed
This is a super simple and easy smoothie that if Aaron likes, we all must like! It’s full of flavour and quite generic-smoothie tasting without any banana. I think I’m going to take it on myself to make a lot of smoothies Aaron might like too for the ultimate taste-test!
~ Kat ~