Recently I have been obsessed with salads- for lunch; for a snack; for dinner… for breakfast?! Despite formally finding them to be lacklustre, I now know that salads are so diverse- easily made into something completely interesting and as filling as your tummy wants! Being someone who openly admits to falling in love with any food that that oozes “ostentatious” (I googled “synonyms for pretentious” in order to make my explanation that bit more fancy!), I am not shy of spending my money on slices of salmon and moulding them into… well, anything. I am currently in love with this salad I really quickly make up after the gym- just right for after a workout.
Ingredients | For one ostentatious human
- 2 slices of salmon (ready to eat)
- 2 medium eggs
- 35ml almond milk
- A pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 4 handfuls of spinach
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 squirts of oil (I use Fry Light!)
- Prepare scrambled eggs: Crack the two eggs into a bowl and beat together with a fork until there are no orangey bits; add the milk, salt and pepper and stir it all in together
- Start to heat a medium-sized pan on a low heat with two squirts of some kind of oil. Meanwhile cut the tomatoes into half and place a couple of handfuls of spinach onto a plate
- Add the egg to the pan and leave it until it begins to bubble- then start to stir it with a wooden spoon so that it all comes a part into fluffy balls. Continue stirring until it’s cooked (you may want to break some of the balls into half to cook better!)
- Chuck in the tomatoes and two handfuls of spinach so that the spinach wilts and the tomatoes warm up
- Place the slices of salmon on your plate- pretentious up the salmon however you see fit! Add the egg, spinach and tomatoes onto the bed of spinach when you’re happy with it
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon all about the place for extra nutrients!
As soon as I get back to university I will be hunting out any salmon deals so that I don’t have to be deprived of this breakfast while I am trying to keep down costs!
~ Kat ~