Last week Alissa and I realised we were long overdue a blogging day with yummy food. Recently I decided I wanted to begin a series where I post recipes of my favourite food/meals, thereby creating an online menu of all of what will be sold at my future restaurant (if only!). With a bag full of lots of goodies and importantly, camembert, this seemed like the perfect opportunity to kick off the first recipe- also featuring the wonderful lissatissatwoshoes with our recipe for the perfect baked camembert sharing board.
What you’ll need for the perfect Instagram:
- Rectangular board
- A couple of mugs (bonus points for heart-shaped bowls)
- A plate
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- A loaf of flavourful bread (we bought apple and beetroot bread- TOO yummy)
- 4 carrots
- 2 Braeburn apples
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 pepper
- A pack of babycorn
- Bake the camembert following the instructions on the pack- we baked ours in Lissa’s fancy pants camembert baker for about 30 minutes in the end with the honey glazed over the top (Alissa’s brilliant idea)
- In the meantime, prep all of the dippers (Mid blog post question: Do you double dip?). Slice the fluffy and crusty bread; wash and peel the carrots before slicing them into sticks; cut the apples into apple fingers; do the same to the cucumber and pepper after washing; wash the babycorn
- Importantly, dress your serving platter. Raid the cupboards and produce something spectacular, with a camembert-shaped hole ready and waiting
- As soon as the camembert is gooey, serve and enjoy!
Other compatible extras for the perfect camembert sharer:
- Homemade lemonade
- A glass of wine
- A spoon (nothing better than an old-fashioned spoon of melted cheese)
Late last year, Alissa invited a couple of us around for camembert and rose wine- exactly what an October evening required as well as my excited tummy. She served the sharing platter with caramelised onion bread which was just beyond this world and since it had been over half a year since our last cheese feast, another sharing platter was long overdue. Being a massive cheese lover as well as a massive veggie lover, this dish is a crucial staple to any foodie’s personal menu. Winter, spring, summer or autumn, it delivers in abundance- yummy food and spectacular Instagrams.
~ Kat ~